Thursday, December 10, 2009

Love song on a Sunday

The first song I ever wrote (and ever finished writing!), I wrote for Chris. We had gone with our friends on a road-trip to Monterey for Courtney's birthday in Ausgust of 2008. After that day I got to spend in the car and running around Paso Robles, Carmel, and Monterey with Chris I was pretty sure that I really really liked him. It must have been a really great Saturday because it inspired me to write a song about him on Sunday.... thus the title "Love song on a Sunday."

We wanted to take this picture because it kind of captures what happened later that year on February 14th, 2009. On that day, I played Chris THE SONG for the first time. I was super nervous, but he made a great first audience. I'm pretty sure that if he didn't already want to marry me by then, I had made his final decision for him.

You might also recognize the tree from our save the date design. It is a tree up by the base of a hiking trail in my neighborhood that Chris and I found this summer. We fell in love with that tree and asked William to take our photo up in it. It was kinda tricky, but he did a great job. Thank you William and Rachel for climbing up into that tree with us to create these special pictures!

- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment